National Foster Care Research &
Content Creation Internship
About the Internship
As an individual who appreciates research and content creation, you understand the power behind combining best practice knowledge with well-designed trainings materials to empower change. Here’s your opportunity to use your analytical and organizational skills toward a vision larger than any one of us can accomplish alone. The National Foster Care Initiative is looking for a Research & Content Creation intern.
- You will work closely with the National Foster Care Initiative National Director to create training materials for both on- and offline.
- We value our interns for their strong design sensibility and promote their professional development during the term. Learn to meet daily, weekly, and long-term deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Challenging research projects to discover and assimilate best practices in foster care nationwide. Materials you’ll empower the creation of include: articles, books, training materials, videos, case studies, website articles and weekly e-newsletter communications.
- Internship is 10-30 hours a week depending on candidate’s availability.
The Research & Content Creation internship in the National Foster Care Initiative primes you for future in-house work at an organization that is determined to only do work with purpose.
- Possess a strong interested in foster care issues and/or children social services, and be committed to improving the lives of children.
- Be detail oriented and well organized, with strong writing and critical thinking skills.
- Some prior experience or education in child welfare, foster care, child education or advocacy is preferred but not necessary.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office. Self-motivated, determined and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively.