Alex spent thirteen years of his childhood in state care in more than fifteen placements. Upon aging out, started to advocate for children in and aging out of state care, serving most recently with the Foster Care Alumni of America.
Alex’s heart for storytelling has led to him becoming a six-time Telly award winning documentary filmmaker in Africa, the U.S., and Asia where he served as a missionary in the Philippines.
Currently, Alex lives outside of Nashville, TN with his wife and two kids.
– Life in foster care/residential care
– Aging out of foster care
– Jesus the foster kid, Joseph the foster dad
– Biological/foster family relations
– Equipping the church to minster to kids in care
– Helping foster alumni tell their stories
Links to Previous Speaking
If possible, I would love to bring my wife and two toddlers to my speaking arrangements.
If possible, a love offering would be greatly appreciated.