Collaborate, a forum for global leaders, is a two day experience designed for international representatives who are either leading national orphan care movements in their countries or desire to begin one. Join other national leaders from around the world to share expertise, make new connections, learn best practices and add your voice to CAFO Global Network projects and objectives that are key to vibrant, locally-led orphan care networks.
The goals of the Collaborate forum are:
- To gather member networks of the CAFO Global Network and other global advocates to share and collaborate on strategies to develop movements and engage local churches in orphan care.
- To understand foundational building blocks of best practices and the latest research to wisely guide regional/national orphan care networks.
- To gather working groups to collaborate on CAFO Global Network projects and objectives to benefit the global movement.
- To continue development of attendees’ leadership skills to better serve their emerging/growing networks.
Date: Tuesday, May 8 and Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Time: Tuesday, May 8, 9:00 am – 7:30pm
Wednesday, May 9, 8:30am – 2:30pm
Location: Stonebriar Community Church, Frisco, TX
Registration for Collaborate is a separate registration process from the CAFO2018 Summit registration process. In order to maximize forum benefits for global leaders, registration is limited.
Collaborate is designed for national orphan care leaders from countries outside of the United States. CAFO Member organizations that are serving and supporting networks of local churches and NGOs in countries outside of the US are encouraged to send representatives from their global staff. Americans desiring to attend this Forum should contact [email protected] before registering.
TUESDAY, MAY 8
Attendees will share local expertise regarding caring for orphans, work together to develop key implementation strategies for their networks, and develop relationships among other network leaders.
9:00am – 7:30pm (lunch and dinner included)
Foundations for Family-Based Care
- Welcome, Worship, and Prayer
- Collaboration and Connections – David Hennessey
- Continuum of Care Overview – Sara Gesiriech
- Family-Based Care – Delia Pop
- CAFO Global Network Project: Changing Minds: Family-Based Care
Facilitators: Daniel Kaggwa, Ruby Johnston, TBD
Lunch and Networking
Foundations for Church Ministry
- The Local Church & Your Inner Life – Jedd Medefind
- Leading the Church toward Family-Based Care – Aixa Lopez
- CAFO Global Network Project: Theological Foundations
Facilitators: Rephat Nyarenda, TBD, Lubo Hlavacka
Dinner and Networking
Foundations in Trauma Competent Care
- Introduction to Trauma Competent Care – Julie Cooper
WEDNESDAY, MAY 9
This day will end early to transition into the CAFO2018 Summit.
8:30am – 2:30pm (lunch and dinner included)
Foundations for Family and Children
- Worship and Prayer
- Servant Leadership – Rob Browne
- Community Mapping – Kimberley Quinley
- Aging Out – Sonnie Gitonga
- CAFO Global Network Project: Resource Contextualization
Facilitators: Wendi Park, Ruby Johnston, Lubo Hlavacka
Lunch and Networking
The Alliance and the CAFO Global Network
- Global Prayer Session
Lead Facilitator/Presenters Bios
David Hennessey, Director, CAFO Global Network
Julie Cooper : US, Back2Back Ministries
Sara Gesiriech : US, Faith to Action Initiative
Sonnie Gitonga : Kenya, Scars to Stars Foundation
Lubo Hlavacka : Czech Republic, World Without Orphans
Ruby Johnston : US/Canada, LAMb International
Daniel Kaggwa : Uganda, Alliance for Uganda Without Orphans
Aixa Lopez : Guatemala, Alianza Cristiana para los Huérfanos
Jedd Medefind : US, CAFO
Rephat Nyarenda : Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe Without Orphans
Wendi Park : Canada, Forever Families of Canada
Delia Pop : United Kingdom, Hope and Homes for Children
Kimberly Quinley : Thailand, Step Ahead Foundation