Who we are
Our website address is: https://cafo.org.
Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
Restrictions on Use of Materials
You acknowledge that this Site contains Content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies existing now and hereinafter developed. You also acknowledge that the Content is and shall remain the property of The Christian Alliance for Orphans or any other party (each a “Contributor”) who has been involved in the preparation or publication of the Content. You shall at no time assert any claims of ownership over any content by reason of your use of or any right to use this Site and shall not grant or create or suffer to exist any lien or other security interest arising therefrom. You agree to comply with all copyright and trademark laws and you shall not encumber any interest in, or assert any rights to, the Content. You may not modify, transmit, participate in the sale or transfer of, or create derivative works based on any Content, in whole or in part. You may print copies of the Content, provided that these copies are made only for personal, non-commercial use and that you maintain any notices contained in the Content, or maintained by the Contributor, such as all copyright notices, trademark legends, or other proprietary rights notices. You shall not store electronically any significant portion of any Content. The Christian Alliance for Orphans authorizes you to view and use the Content on this Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. The use of the Content on any other site, including by linking or framing, or in any networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited without The Christian Alliance for Orphans’ prior written approval.
For permission to use Content from this website or from a newsletter authored and distributed by The Christian Alliance for Orphans, request written permission and provide full attribution. Permission should be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Attribution for website content should be given as follows: “Reprinted with permission from the The Christian Alliance for Orphans.” Attribution for newsletter content should be given as follows: “This article reprinted with permission from The Christian Alliance for Orphans.”
Disclaimer of Warranty
THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED AS A SERVICE TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC. INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NO INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES LEGAL OR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE, NOR DOES IT CREATE AN PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS AND ANY OTHER PARTY.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NONE OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS, ANY OF ITS MEMBERS, AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS PARTIES”) GUARANTEES THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OF THE CONTENT.
NONE OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS PARTIES WARRANTS THAT THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVER OR ANY FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING THROUGH THIS SITES ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE AND THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT IS ASSUMED SOLELY BY YOU.
NONE OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS PARTIES MAKES ANY, AND HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY, REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ALL OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE.
Limitation of liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE CONTENT ON THE WEB SITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEB SITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTENT, SERVICE, OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS PARTIES’ LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS SITE IS TO STOP USING THIS SITE.
Links to other sites
As a convenience to you, this Site may periodically provide links to third party websites through links available on this Site including websites of entities that are affiliated with the The Christian Alliance for Orphans (“Third-Party Sites”) where we feel it is appropriate. Lists of links are not complete lists of relevant and/or useful internet resources. Our decision to link to a Third-Party Site is not an endorsement of the content in that linked Third Party Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITE, NOR DO WE MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONTENT (OR THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF SUCH CONTENT) ON ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES, AND THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE FOR ORPHANS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER IN RELATION TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING. You should take precautions when downloading files from all Sites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked Third-Party Sites, you do so at your own risk. You should direct any concerns to the Third-Party Sites’ administrator or webmaster.
No framing allowed
Elements of this Site are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part by any means, including but not limited to, the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content for our Site may be retransmitted without the express written consent of The Christian Alliance for Orphans.
The designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act is Brandie Smith, COO, The Christian Alliance for Orphans, 6723 Whittier Avenue, #202, McLean, VA 22101.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
The Christian Alliance for Orphans’ practices and policies with respect to the collection and use of personally identifiable information is governed according to The Christian Alliance for Orphans’ Privacy Notice.
The Christian Alliance for Orphans reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of our Site or the Content, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. The Christian Alliance for Orphans reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of this Site or the content at any time without prior notice or liability.
User Must Comply with Applicable Laws
This Site is based in Mclean, Virginia. The Christian Alliance for Orphans makes no claims concerning whether the Content may be downloaded or are appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access this Site from outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
In the event that any portion of the Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalid or unenforceable portion shall be construed in accordance with the applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remainder of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. The paragraph headings herein are provided only for reference and shall have no effect on the construction or interpretation of the Agreement. The Christian Alliance for Orphans’ failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of its right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement. Neither the course of conduct between parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of the Agreement. The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, D.C., except with regard to its conflicts of law rules. Any action relating to the Content, Site or this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Washington, D.C., and you hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. Any cause of action you may have with respect to the Content, Site or this Agreement must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose, or be barred. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties for this Site and supersedes all existing agreements and all other oral, written or other communication between the parties concerning its subject matter. You agree to use the Content and Site only for lawful purposes. You are prohibited from any use of the Content or Site that would constitute an illegal offense, give rise to liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
The Christian Alliance for Orphans (“CAFO,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is a non-profit Christian alliance dedicated to equipping churches, non-profits, and individuals in best care practices and showing God’s love to the orphan and vulnerable children.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, process, maintain, and share your personal information in your use of our websites, mobile apps, products, and services (collectively, our “Services”). Personal information means information about an identified or identifiable person.
Table of Contents
Personal Information We Collect
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
How We Share Your Personal Information
How We Secure Your Personal Information
Choices You Have Regarding Your Personal Information
Retention of Your Personal Information
International Transfers of Personal Information
Third Party Links
Changes to This Privacy Notice
Your California Privacy Rights
1. Personal Information We Collect
1.1 Personal Information You Provide Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. This personal information may include, but is not limited to, your contact information such as a first and last name, email address, postal address, church or non-profit organization you are associated with, title/role, religious denomination, phone number; an account password; social media pages; email subscription preferences; photographs, videos, or other content you or we contribute from your participation in Summit or other events; your payment and billing information; your donation information; your geo-location; and information you include in public forums, messages, comments, searches, or queries through the Services.
From time to time, we may collect your personal information when we conduct a sweepstakes or contest through our Services, or ask you to complete questionnaires or surveys. We use the information you provide to administer the sweepstakes, contest, or survey, to analyze the results, for research purposes, to send you other information or offers we think may be of interest to you, to comply with legal requirements, and for other purposes as described in this Privacy Notice.
1.2 Personal Information We Collect Automatically
Some personal information we collect automatically as you use our Services. This personal information may include, but is not limited to, your internet protocol (“IP”) addresses; your device and browser type; your internet service provider; your device’s operating systems; statistics on your activities through the Services, such as your login frequency or the length of time spent logged in; information about how you came to our Services; and links clicked within the Services; and/or information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies as described below under “7. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies”.
1.3 Personal Information From Your Mobile Device
We may provide features that rely on the use of additional information on your mobile device or require access to certain services through your mobile device that will enhance your experience but are not required to use the Services. Data collected from your mobile device is used to customize your experience at the Summit conference and provide you the ability to share your photos and profile information with others attending the Summit conference or using the Services. Some personal information from your mobile device, such as your mobile device ID, your device operating system, your mobile carrier, and your IP address, are collected automatically when you use our Services through your mobile device. Where the Services enable uploading of photos from your device, we will request permission to obtain your photos to provide you with related Services. In the “Settings” function on your mobile device, you will have the ability to manually permit or preclude us from collecting your geolocation information for certain features of the Services.
2. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
2.1 Your Account
We may use the personal information that we receive or collect about you to operate, improve, and promote our organization. For example, we use the information to register your account for certain Services we provide, to communicate with you about our Services for customer service purposes, to improve our Services by providing personalized experiences, location customization, personalized help and instructions, and for other customer service purposes. We may obtain additional personal information about you to keep our records current.
2.2 Our Business Use
We may use the personal information that we receive or collect about you for internal business purposes such as helping us improve the content and functionality of our Services, to better understand our users and how they use our Services, to improve the Services we offer, to develop new features or services, to manage your account, to provide you with customer service, to help improve our security and prevent fraud, to comply with and enforce all legal obligations and rights, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
2.3 Communications and Marketing
You can opt-out of remarketing by visiting the links below:
For Google: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
For further information regarding electronic communications, please see “5.3 Opting Out of Electronic Communications” below.
We are a member organization. Members of CAFO have a profile on our website and authorized member representatives may update, supplement, or delete their member profile information (although some member profile data must be maintained by us).
We use members’ company and personal information for membership administration, to deliver member benefits, and to inform our members of CAFO-related events, content, and other benefits or opportunities associated with membership. CAFO also uses this information to help us understand our members’ needs and interests so that we can better meet them and to improve our Services.
2.5 Live Events
CAFO organizes, hosts, and participates in trade shows and other live events during the year. If you register for one of our events, we will collect your name and contact information for that purpose. In addition, we request supplemental information from attendees about themselves and their interests, preferences, and demographics and we use this information to facilitate attendee preferences and to tailor the event programming and communications according to their expressed interests. Some of this information is collected through mobile apps we make available that are designed to allow attendees to access live event information and help them plan their attendance. We keep a record of this information and your participation at events and use it to help us tailor and improve future live events and programs. Some of this information may be optional as indicated by the event registration form on our website or in the app.
If you are a presenter at one of our events, we will collect information about you including your name, employer, contact, and biographical information, and photograph, and we may also collect information provided by event attendees who evaluated your performance as a presenter.
CAFO and third party participants at our events (sponsors, exhibitors, general attendees) may create video and audio recordings of the live event including of attendees generally and of particular presentations and performances. It is not possible to guarantee that you will not be recorded in this manner if you attend a live event.
2.6 Legal Basis of Processing
If applicable in your jurisdiction, we only process your personal information where we have an applicable legal basis for doing so. Our legal basis will depend on the personal information concerned, the specific context in which we collect it, and the purposes for which it is used. However, we will normally collect and use your personal information only where we have your consent to do so (typically in order to send you marketing communications), where we require the personal information to create or perform a contract with you or a company with which you are associated, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for most of our activities not covered by consent or creation or performance of a contract). In some very rare cases, we may also have a legal basis to collect or use your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If you have specific questions about or need further information concerning the legal bases on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the information provided in the section below entitled “13. Contacting Us.”
3. How We Share Your Personal Information
3.1 Not Selling Your Personal Information
We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are some circumstances, however, where we may share your personal information with a third party without notice to you, as described below.
3.2 Contractors and Service Providers
We share your personal information with our contractors, consultants, and service providers who process personal information on behalf of CAFO to perform certain business-related functions. These companies may include, but are not limited to, database service providers, backup and disaster recovery service providers, email service providers, and others.
3.6 Marketing Partners
We may share aggregated or anonymized information about users with third parties for research, marketing or similar purposes.
At times, our Services may contain links to other third party websites and services. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Privacy Notice, but is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites and services. We are not responsible for the information practices and policies of such third party websites and services.
3.8 Legal Compliance and Enforcement of Rights
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law in order to respond to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, a court, or a government agency (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect or defend our rights, interests, or property, or that of third parties, (iii) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Services or organization, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our Services or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. How We Secure Your Personal Information
We maintain reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal information in our hosted applications from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While we implement such safeguards, no information system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
5. Choices You Have Regarding Your Personal Information
5.1 Updating or Removing Your Personal Information
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may have the right to access or correct the personal information we maintain about you and, in some cases, you may require that we delete the information, or object to or request that we restrict our processing of the information. You can access, correct, and delete your profile information through profile settings on our website, although we require that certain minimal member information be provided and kept up to date while maintaining your membership. Some information must be maintained by CAFO, but you can request that we update that information. Other such requests may be directed to us at the contact information at the end of this Privacy Notice.
5.2 Opting Out of Electronic Communications
CAFO may send you electronic communications through the Services. When you use our Services, you have the option of signing up for CAFO and its program newsletters. If at any time you would like to stop receiving program, newsletter or other promotions materials, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such electronic communication to opt-out of receiving communications. Additionally, you may also manage your email preferences at any time through your account.
6. Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as long as you are registered to use our Services or otherwise for as long as required by the purpose for which it has been collected. You may close your account by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by mail at the address listed under “13. Contacting Us”. However, please be aware we may retain personal information for an additional period as required under applicable laws. After we delete your personal information, it may exist on backup or archival media or servers for an additional period of time for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
7.1 What Are Cookies?
Cookies do not themselves store information that identifies you, but they are often used in a manner that they can be associated with you. Here are the types of cookies you will encounter in using our website:
- Strictly Necessary – these are required by our website to perform certain functions such as allowing you to log in to your member profile or make online donation;
- Functional – these help to improve your experience by doing things like remembering certain preferences you have set; and
- Analytic – these are used to analyze, in an aggregated manner, the way our website is used and the performance of advertising efforts so that we can improve the website and our offerings and our marketing efforts. We use Google Analytics for analyzing activity on our site. We also use Facebook Ads conversion tracking, an analytics service provided by Facebook that collects and helps us analyze your activity on our site that may be attributable to our ads displayed within Facebook and its affiliated sites.
7.2 Managing Cookies
Most Internet browser settings will allow you to accept, reject, delete and otherwise manage cookies. You can find more information about this at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can also avoid receiving cookies by browsing our website using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, and “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari). Blocking our strictly necessary cookies will prevent certain functions of our website from working properly or at all. In addition to managing Google Analytics by managing its cookies, you can deactivate Google Analytics by using a browser plug-in found here: https://tools. google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (“COPPA”) requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). In some countries, even higher age limits may apply. CAFO does not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13), or the otherwise applicable age limit if different in your country of location. If you are aware of a user under the age of thirteen (13) who has provided personal information through our Services, please contact us via the contact information in the section below entitled “13. Contacting Us”.
9. International Transfers of Personal Information
CAFO has its headquarters in the United States and information we collect from you in other countries will be transferred to and processed in the United States. We endeavor to apply suitable safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your personal information consistent with the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
10. Third Party Links
This Privacy Notice applies only to our Services. The Services may contain links to other websites not operated or controlled by us (“Third Party Sites”). The policies and practices we described here do not apply to the Third Party Sites. The links from the Services do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed the Third Party Sites. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
11. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this notice from time to time and in our sole discretion, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on this notice the date it was last updated. When you use our Services or provide us your personal information under circumstances covered by this notice, you are accepting the current version of this notice as posted at that time. We recommend that you revisit this notice on occasion to learn of any changes.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
12.1 Do Not Track
Our Services are not currently configured to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals because at this time no formal “Do Not Track” standard has been adopted.
13. Contacting Us
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail at:
ATTN: CAFO Privacy Notice Legal Team
6723 Whittier Avenue #202
McLean, VA 22101
State Nonprofit Disclosures
Certain states require written disclosures for nonprofit organizations soliciting contributions. Individual state disclosures are below.
Florida: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA), OR VISITING www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Registration #CH47266
Georgia: A full and fair description of our programs and our financial statement summary is available upon request at our office and phone number indicated above.
Maryland: For the cost of copies and postage, from the Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
New York: Upon request, from the Attorney General’s Charities Bureau, 28 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10005, 1-212-416-8686 or www.charitiesnys.com.
North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-919-814-5400. The license is not an endorsement by the state.
Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of Christian Alliance for Orphans may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999.
Virginia: From the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
Washington: From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483 or http://www.sos.wa.gov/
Wisconsin: A financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to any person upon request.
REGISTRATION WITH A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE.
Contests & Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who sign up at the sweepstakes page located https://cafo.org/orphansunday/tools/ and who are 18 or older as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Christian Alliance for Orphans (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of The Christian Alliance for Orphans, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about 11/1/18 and ending 11/11/18. All online entries must be received by 11/11/18 11:59PM EST.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by https://cafo.org/orphansunday/check-in/
The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Christian Alliance for Orphans. You may enter each observance only once for every check-in and you must fill in the information requested. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Christian Alliance for Orphans.
- Prizes: One (1) winner will receive the grand prize of 1 free registration to the CAFO2019 Summit (valued at $175 USD) and five (5) winners will receive CAFO2018 Summit audio download (valued at $99 USD). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Christian Alliance for Orphans to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. The Christian Alliance for Orphans shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 72 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that The Christian Alliance for Orphans, anyone acting on behalf of The Christian Alliance for Orphans, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: The Christian Alliance for Orphans reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, The Christian Alliance for Orphans may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Christian Alliance for Orphans. The Christian Alliance for Orphans reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
The Christian Alliance for Orphans has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The Christian Alliance for Orphans reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from The Christian Alliance for Orphans. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless The Christian Alliance for Orphans and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND WASHINGTON, D.C., WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington, D.C. having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Christian Alliance for Orphans, 6723 Whittier Avenue #202, McLean, VA 22101, USA. Requests must be received no later than December 15, 2018.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is The Christian Alliance for Orphans, 6723 Whittier Avenue #202, McLean, VA 22101, USA.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.