Thursday, May 7
In a season of difficulty and waiting, small choices can make all the difference.
Join vibrant servants and leaders from around the world to explore little actions that can steadily reshape our hearts, our lives and the people we love. We’ll dig into timeless themes from soul care to parenting, leadership to foster care…while also getting real-time glimpses of special challenges facing the vulnerable amidst COVID-19 around the globe today.
The morning event is free to all! CAFO Members and CAFO2020 Registrants may join the afternoon Community Conversations.
DENNIS + BARBARA
KEITH + KRISTYN
RICK & KAY
THURSDAY, MAY 7
Eastern Time Zone
10:00am - 12:30pm CONVERSATION STARTERS (Open to all)
1:00pm - 2:00pm COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS (Open to CAFO Members + CAFO2020 Registrants)
- Building Soul Care into the DNA of Your Organization... with Jedd Medefind, CAFO
- Parenting thru the Challenges of Technology in Post-Trauma Children and Teens… with Jodi Tucker, CAFO; Rene Gomez, Pam Taylor and Trent Taylor
- Motorboat vs. Cruise Ship: Charting New Waters in Foster Care in Light of Covid-19… with Jason Weber, CAFO
- Small Steps to Encourage Global Leaders as They Respond to COVID-19 in their Communities… with David Hennessey, CAFO
2:00pm - 3:00pm COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS (Open to CAFO Members + CAFO2020 Registrants)
- Daily Practices for Strong Marriages in Turbulent Times… with Dennis & Barbara Rainey, FamilyLife
- Small Things that Make a Significant Difference in Your Church Ministry… with Jason Johnson, CAFO
- Why Child Resilience Matters in Global Orphan Care...and How to Grow It… Nicole Wilke, CAFO
JOIN MORE VIRTUAL CONVERSATIONS
Tuesday, May 5: TRANSFORMATIONAL GIVING
TUESDAY, MAY 5 | 2:00pm – 3:30pm
TRANSFORMATIONAL GIVING: Experience Fundraising as a Joyful Calling
(CAFO MEMBER ONLY)
Do you experience fundraising as a joyful calling, or does it feel more like a necessary evil? What if there was a way to raise funds that left you encouraged, your givers more joyful, and more lives transformed for Christ? What if fundraising felt more like ministry?
Presented By: Michael Mitchell, Director of Development + Discipleship
Wednesday, May 6: ATTACHMENT AFTER ADVERSITY: BUILDING RESILIENCE THROUGH RELATIONSHIP
WEDNESDAY, MAY 6 | 9:00am – 3:00pm
The 2020 OVC Applied Research + Best Practice Symposium will unite top academic OVC researchers and faith-based NGO’s serving vulnerable children around the globe.
Returning for its 7th consecutive year, this year’s discussion will center on:
THE ROLES OF RELATIONSHIP IN CHILD DEVELOPMENT
WHAT IS EARLY ADVERSITY + HOW RELATIONSHIPS CAN HELP
HOW RESILIENCE MAKES A DIFFERENCE + FINDING OUR PLACE IN HELPING TO BUILD IT.